We will continue to review, test and modify our website and any future releases of the site, for web accessibility issues and aim to ensure that this is an ongoing commitment.
Web accessibility standards
This site has been validated against HTML5 Standards.
We also try to ensure that:
- All images in our sites contain appropriate alternate text
- Pages and images on this website are optimised to load quickly and smoothly
- All foreground and background colours are checked to ensure sufficient contrast, or given alternative text in the case of images
- Our content is written clearly, concisely, free of jargon and in plain English
- All pages use headings
- All ‘calls to action’ highlighted with icons and/or different colour font or underlined
- Symbols (e.g. >) are used in context and for their semantic use
- Consistent navigation and page layouts are used
- All forms are navigable using a keyboard
- We have submit buttons on all forms
- We use cascading style sheets to control layout and presentation